Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: microsoft outlook  (Read 1878 times)

ace3839

microsoft outlook
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:40:41 PM »
I use outlook rules to direct messages to certain folders.  I have also used it to block messages, mainly from chinese sources.  when I lasted checked I thought I only had about 2 dozen blocks.  It is far more than that.  When I went to delete a block, I went out of outlook and when I went back in, the block was there again.  
I used the wizard to remove all the blocked messages and went out of outlook, when I went back in they where all back.  I am at my wits end!

The other problem is that my outlook icon wants to change to a 2003 and insistes that I have to reinstall.   I do not have 2003.  My program is 2002, so I haul the cd out of mothballs and reinstall and the 2003 icon disapears and I am back to normal.   This has happened about 6 times this year.

Any ideas??

GX1_Man

Re: microsoft outlook
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:06:59 PM »
Time for a fresh install of everything perhaps?

I don't have to block any Chinese sources. I wonder what has happened to your poor machine. What malware protection are you using?

To have a program listed that younever installed is curious, to say the least, but I would not put it past the Chinese.....

ace3839

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 12:52:38 AM »
Still dosn't help me with my problem, do you know how to get rid of unwanted rules from outlook?

I run several websites and get loads of email from all over the world.  I just mentioned chinese because it is usless to get info from them as I don't want to convert to english.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 04:12:16 AM »
I think there are other issues present.

There is a lot of info out there about rules IF that is all of the problem.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=remove+rules+from+outlook