Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Full Screen Closes  (Read 2343 times)

tenzo

Full Screen Closes
« on: October 18, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »
Anyone know why is it that when i go into fullscreen mode using windows media player,games, etc. it will stay in full screen for about 30 seconds or so then it closes out of the full screen mode.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Raptor

Re: Full Screen Closes
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:02:02 AM »
You're using the wrong resolution in full screen.

We can't give you much more advise than that considering you have been negligent and failed to mention important details.

tenzo

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »
You're using the wrong resolution in full screen.

We can't give you much more advise than that considering you have been negligent and failed to mention important details.

How can i change the resolution in full screen mode and what other important info would be needed to help me out here.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:16:32 PM »
The OS, type of drivers installed, type of hardware, the events prior to when the problem first started, etc.

tenzo

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:29:08 PM »
The OS, type of drivers installed, type of hardware, the events prior to when the problem first started, etc.

XP Pro
Not too sure on the drivers.
19" widescreen monitor and runnig it on a nvidia geforce fx 5200 graphics card.
If i remember right, i think this started happening after i installed windows media player 11 beta. Could this be the problem???

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »
I would never use Microsoft BETA software.

Can you uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and reinstall Windows Media Player 10, see if the problem still occurs?

I think this is a driver issue, though. You should remove the drivers you currently have and download and install the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers from Nvidia.com.

tenzo

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:41:09 PM »
i'll try that. Thanks for the help.