Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: glx freeze  (Read 3974 times)

hyperhedron

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Hilarity Ensues.
    glx freeze
    « on: November 08, 2006, 09:59:46 PM »
    I recently installed fedora 6 on my computer without an internet connection. things seem to work fine, except this.
    I can't figure out how to install an rpm without an internet connection. when i double click it, it comes up with some "retrieving system information error" that happens because i have no internet connection. when i try

yum install [file]

it comes up with some strange error.

so anyway, back to the story. i picked up the .run file from the NVidia website to install drivers because I have no idea how to use an RPM
    . i install. it works.  and i try glxgears. it runs for a few seconds. then everything freezes up, there is no way out of the session (ctrl alt F1/2/3/4 don't work), and nothing happens. if i restart, the booting process gets to the nVidia splash screen and then freezes.
    my hardware:

Fedora Core 6
    Intel Celeron 2.89 ghz EM64T
    512mb Ram
    Asus P5V800-MX Mobo
    80gb SATA Harddrive
    NVidia NV17 Geforce 4400 MX
    EDIT: the text in bold has been solved, and i have installed the driver from the rpm anyway. the same glx problem occurs, no one has looked at this post, i wonder why?
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 12:12:45 AM by hyperhedron »
    "question" is not an adequate topic name!