Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound blaster audigy 2 problems!!!!!  (Read 2309 times)

Marvel

sound blaster audigy 2 problems!!!!!
« on: November 13, 2006, 05:49:10 AM »
i have a dell optiplex gx280, a samson CO3 condenser mic, a behringer tube ultragain mic200 pre amp and for sound, i just have the whole thing hooked up to a kenwood mini hifi component system.

my problem is this..

i just bought a new soundcard, a sound blaster audigy 2 6.1 24bit digital, BUT, it crackles all the time. more so when i adjust computer volume levels thru its mixer(on the computer). i have properly configured everything and i dont understand why this crackle wont go away. when i attempt to record with cool edit pro, it just makes funny patterns in the .wav table like it has a digital encoding problem or something.im starting to think i have a faulty sound card. i have up to date drivers for the soundcard n all, the latest version of directX, and the ******* of a thing still wont work.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Marvel.

P.S - the soundcard doesnt look damaged in any shape or form, AND, it isnt the speakers. i get the same problem with my headphones.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: sound blaster audigy 2 problems!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »
I would exchange it for a new one immediately. As long as you are confident you have everything connected correctly...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "