Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Borland  (Read 3291 times)

MomanDe3

Borland
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:05 AM »
Ok, let me preface this post letting you know that I am not a genius when it comes to computers. ;D  I am slightly concerned about a name that is found in the file field of my computer search program (not sure what to call it---it's the program used to search for documents, pictures, etc. on your computer).  The name is 'borland (spelled in lowercase with the apostrophe).  I cannot delete it at all.  I can delete all other search words, but not this one.  I did a google search and came up with a company that I feel is legit.  Should I be concerned?  :-?

Thanks for helping.

Also, on a different topic:  Is there a way to determine where a user has been on the internet and seen on the internet besides the history box--especially if user has gone through and deleted his/her "bad" pages?   :-?  Want to keep an eye on things in my home.  

Thanks for helping.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Borland
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
    for the first question: what protections do you have? anti-spyware anti-virus etc. when did you start to notice this program? did you install it?

for the second one: yes look in the temp. interent files and you can see all of the pics they looked at and other stuff.

unlovedwarrior

GX1_Man

Re: Borland
    « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »
    This is not from Borland the company.

Your security has been compromised. What were you using for protection, because it didn't work.

You are not the only one using the machine? You fear that someone else is using it inappropriately? You can install a keylogger, etc. to monitor activity but if it were me I would do a clean format and reinstall and change all of my passwords first to make sure that machine was squeaky clean first.