Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Publisher files not formating correctly  (Read 2192 times)

Gwayne

Publisher files not formating correctly
« on: December 18, 2006, 08:51:03 PM »
I have prepared a couple publisher files and emailed them to myself.  They look correct when I view them.  I've also emailed them to my wife's computer from publisher and they also look fine there.

Then I try to forward from my email to her email and the formatting goes awry as soon as I click on "Forward".

I can forward from her computer to mine and it works fine.

I am using Outlook 2002 and she is using Outlook Express.  My Outlook is set to HTML email format.

Not sure what else to try.

Gwayne

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Publisher files not formating correctly
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:17 AM »
Seems like you're just experimenting or testing.  What's the purpose of all this?

Gwayne

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 02:11:08 PM »
I have an online business that I am marketing to contacts.  I make telephone contact first and then send 3 newsletter type emails (Publisher) before contacting again.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
Well, I basically duplicated your procedure but could not duplicate the problem.  I sent an email from Publisher 2003 to myself, at my main email account, and retrieved it with Outlook Express.  Then, I forwarded that message to another email address of mine.  It went out and then I retrieved it with Outlook Express.  I had no problem forwarding the message or receiving the forwarded message.  

You would normally not be forwarding one of these messages to your wife's computer, right?  And, if you initially send all messages from Outlook and it displays properly at the client's end, is the issue you're raising really a problem?  Perhaps you should find another computer, one at at different location, and do some addtional testing; you might ask one of your contacts to give you feedback or ask a friend or relative to verify that they could receive it in proper format.

Gwayne

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 09:01:12 PM »
I think the problem is with Outlook 2002.

When I originally send it I send it from Publisher.  Now I know, that opens a window with my Outlook 2002 and sends it.  That is received everywhere that I send it, wholly intact.  It's when I open the file after receiving it into Outlook 2002 on the computer from which I originally sent it (does that make sense?  I send it to myself) and click on "Forward".  Right at that point the formatting goes all wrong.

I'll try saying it another way:
I create the file in Publisher and then click "File/Send/to mail recipient" and put my email address in and send it.  I then switch to Outlook 2002 and watch as Outlook sends the file.  I then see it appear in my inbox and open it there.  It looks perfect.  Then I click on "Forward" and the page is immediately changed and unreadable.

I can send it to my wife's computer with Outlook Express and then forward it from there with no problem.