Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Could This Be a Virus  (Read 3056 times)

ECartman2007

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Could This Be a Virus
    « on: December 26, 2006, 04:41:28 PM »
    I am noticing random problems with my PC. When I play World of Warcraft, It will half of the time Crash saying that there is a missing file. Sometimes, other random programs will crash(MSN, Firefox, anything else) will also crash. Now I am using Norton 2007, and I also scanned on Housecall, and they both said that my PC is all good. I also use Spybot, Adaware, CCleaner to grab everything else.

What could be the problem? Any other ideas on what to do?

GX1_Man

Re: Could This Be a Virus
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »
    The exact error messages would be necessary to advise. Has it always been this way? If not, what has changed?

You could check your RAM with the free download at www.memtest86.com

Then check the hard drive with the free diagnostics from the appropriate hard drive maker's site.
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:08:55 PM by GX1_Man »

ECartman2007

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 07:48:07 PM »
      The error messages im getting is the so and so program is non responsind and has to be closed, do u want to send Microsoft the error data so we can help u,

its been like this for a little while now, maybe a few months
      « Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 07:48:50 PM by ECartman2007 »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:36:13 PM »
      The specific error messages are very important including the missing file. What if you uninstall and reinstall the game?

How long has this Windows installation been loaded? What version? What service pack?