Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange Sounds  (Read 4079 times)

MrMark

Strange Sounds
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »
I have this topic with some other viurs question in the virus section. but since this problem seems to be in IE and noone know anything about what to do there, ill try it here.

Well, my GFs computer starts making some strange sounds, got 3-4 diferent tracks, some sounds like voices and some sounds like music. These sounds just apear out of nowere and just come and go as they want, but i found a way to make em go away when they come. All i do is bring the tasklist up (ctrl + alt + del) and go to the secound tab, there i find Iexplorer and abort it. When i do that the sounds goes away. So, this seems to have something to do with IE then. Any ideas of what this is or how to deal with it?
If you really dont have any idea how to handle this then it would help if you know what folder this might be in and what cinda file it might be? :/

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Strange Sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:56:38 AM »
Control Panel/Sounds and Multimedia...check to see if any sounds are associated with IE or Open Program...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

MrMark

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:36:25 AM »
Cheers m8, ill check it out :) thanks for the help, hope it will do the trick :S

dave61

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:25:05 PM »
    Just a thought, but is there an email or emails that's been downloaded that has those sound files. I've had to delete emails before that had sound files that would play at random.  Seems they wouldn't close for some reason when I exited outlook express. Just curious.

MrMark

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 07:10:50 AM »
    Hmm...ille check it out, but she dont use outlook :S she use hotmail :P

MrMark

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »
    havent tried it yet... but found something about the strange sounds, i were looking for some drum tabs on my computer when i heard one of the same sounds that she has.
    i was on http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/k/kiss/guitar_tabs/strutter_guitar_tab.htm and then i heard it. and i found out it was some short movie down on the site that plays a girl that dances Tongue some dating site or somthing. and when i use the taskist to exit iexplorer the sound stops on my girlfriends computer. i culd not find the link of the site cause smart me had to click away and when i tried again some times later i only get a smilie window down there, followed that to http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZNxmk142&nsrc=a z2&click_hash=115sNHl&ref=http%3A//www.911tabs.com/bands/m/index4.html

ill see if i can dig something else up

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »
    Smiley Central.....= adware City.

Run all your protection apps pronto.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:08:57 PM by patio »

MrMark

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 03:59:44 AM »
    dident enter the site...but you get the idea? it have to be somthing like that... so ill just try to download some diffrent anti virus programs and stuff on her computer and try to run em?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 06:57:24 AM »
    This is what you should have as a minimum:

AdAware
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    AVG Anti-Spyware.

A good solid Anti-Virus program. If she doesn't have one AVG Free is excellent.

Update all of them online before running the scans.

The only cost to you here is your time.

patio.  8-)

MrMark

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:39:35 AM »
    yeah, will do.. but she got northon :P so dont think ill use AVG, tho i got avg myself :D

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 10:07:42 AM »
    When she's done paying for Norton let us know...

It can be exorcised fully.