Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Edit/Delete posts  (Read 1826 times)

rlmarr

Edit/Delete posts
« on: January 22, 2007, 06:27:23 AM »
How can users edit their own posts? Can users delete their own posts?. Can the user remove themselves completely  from computer hope forums? These features are available on other forums. :-?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Edit/Delete posts
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »
You can edit or delete your own posts.  Of course, you must be logged on to do this.  Then, go to the specific post you want to edit or delete.  To edit, click on the Modify button.  To delete, click on the Delete button.  Both buttons appear at the upper right corner of your message.  

I would hope you don't go back to any of your original posts and delete them.  That ruins the discussion since viewers can no longer see the original post to which replies were posted.

I don't know about completely removing yourself.  Why would you want to do this?  

Edit: I just saw how you can completely remove yourself.  Go to your Profile modification panel.  At the bottom, you will see a button for Delete User.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:29:38 PM by soybean »

rlmarr

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »
This is the reason. I was unaware I was doing something wrong. At least I was notified. So I do need to remove posts that are not any good. GX1_Man
Genius
Forum Moderators

"TYPE=PICT;ALT="Because beige is
beautiful !!!

Re: IE7 Shuts Down Help and Support Center
Reply #2 - Yesterday at 4:14pm
This thread is now locked. rlmarr please just stick to one posting per problem. Further posts aout this subject will be deleted on sight. Thanks.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »
Since the matter has been addressed no need to delete any posts/threads.

Just keep one subject per thread and Welcome Aboard !
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "