Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with Monitors.  (Read 1785 times)

Harik

Need help with Monitors.
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to get a VGA-monitor in my room to connect to a tower in another room. Each have thier serperate Monitor/Towers and are connected through a LAN. Both computers are running XP as well.

So Essentially, I want to either extend the cable from my current monitor to the wanted computer or, if possible, connect the monitor to the comp through a LAN/Program/etc...

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:28:55 PM by Harik »

Harik

Re: Need help with Monitors.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:25:14 PM »
<3?

pcfool

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
    i'm not getting what you try to tell.
    are you saying that you have 2 pc in 2 different room, both connect through LAN, why you want to connect monitor from this room to the cpu at other room,

if you want to see the same thing display on pc at the other room, you can use remote desktop to do that.

Harik

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »
    Basically, my personall computer is to *censored* to run a game I have on the "Family" computer. Will remote desktop still use my personal computer's hardware, or does it just re-rout my monitor to the computer it's remotely connected to?

pcfool

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 09:16:32 PM »
      now i get what you mean,
      it will not take your hardware but RAM and bandwith.
       depend on what game you are playing, but sending video signal, keyboard and mouse signal over the LAN may cos your respond time slow during game.
      « Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:18:10 PM by bhchin4480 »