Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi 3 way  (Read 3091 times)

OdiumUnd

Wi-Fi 3 way
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »
I've just got Aol Platinum wireless, (I know I know, AoHell.)

We've got 2 PC's and a laptop. The modem has wireless, and ethernet connections, so the main PC is linked VIA ethernet, and the other 2 is running off WiFi, at first the first one was running off WiFi too.

That PC has no problem getting 7.5mb's when the other 2 are off, yet the other 2...Even when they're the only ones on, can only max at 2mb's. It's not the wireless cards, because i've put the one that was running on the first PC and getting over 7mb in the other PC and still the same problem.

Can't be a virus, the 2 PC's were completely formatted about a week before the wireless arrived.

I've done virus and spyware checks in safe mode.

I've checked for TCP/IP v6 or something as someone suggested that could slow it down, not installed on either system.

Both systems are running Windows XP SP2.
The one that hits higher speeds, is actually older and less up-to-date then the other too, the laptops brand new.

Any suggestions? :/

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Wi-Fi 3 way
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 04:58:09 AM »
Check the router settings to see if bandwidth is being limited.
What is the network connection speed for the wireless connection?
It may just be because it's wireless . . . try connecting the ones connected by wireless with a wired connection instead and see if they get a faster speed then.