Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Compuer Wont Start Properly  (Read 2403 times)

thenoyse

My Compuer Wont Start Properly
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »
Whenever I turn on my computer, it sometimes doesn't start. It goes through all of that stuff (i think its called bios..) and then just turns black. The little light for the floppy goes on and doesn't go off. That's how I know it's stuck and wont go on anymore. I have to unplug everything (except power and monitor) and it will load. then I can plug it all back in and start to use it.  does anyone know what the problem could be?

windows xp, service pack 2, started happening about a year ago. i use spybot and adaware.

i dont have any discs or floppys or anything in my pc at the time of start except mouse, speakers, monitor, and keyboard.

GX1_Man

Re: My Compuer Wont Start Properly
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »
Whenever I turn on my computer, it sometimes doesn't start. It goes through all of that stuff (i think its called bios..) and then just turns black. The little light for the floppy goes on and doesn't go off. That's how I know it's stuck and wont go on anymore. I have to unplug everything (except power and monitor) and it will load. then I can plug it all back in and start to use it.  does anyone know what the problem could be?

windows xp, service pack 2, [highlight]started happening about a year ago.[/highlight] i use spybot and adaware.

i dont have any discs or floppys or anything in my pc at the time of start except mouse, speakers, monitor, and keyboard.

A year ago?

How about some details about the machine. See below.

thenoyse

Re: My Compuer Wont Start Properly
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 02:32:51 AM »
hp media center pc m380n. i got an asus x series motherboard so no media center. just xp home. service pack 2. it happened a few months after i got the motherboard. i had a virus and the computer place told me everything was fixed no viruses nothings wrong. but it still wont start properly. someone told me it might have to do with the keyboard or mouse or webcam thats plugged in. but that never happened before. do you think it could be the motherboard or something?