Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound  (Read 9535 times)

Marisa

Sound
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:04:12 PM »
I posted a while ago about not having any sound. So I took out my sound card and put it back in to see if my computer would detect any new hardware. It did but I don't have the CD that came with it. I was just wondering if there was a way to reinstall it without the CD. Thanks.

Raptor

Re: Sound
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 11:11:53 PM »
You can install the drivers provided by the Microsoft update website (WIndows XP)

Or search the web for your soundcards manufacturer and download the latest drivers from them.

Marisa

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 10:11:55 PM »
I did what you said and every time I try to install it, it says that it's not digitally signed but it's the soundcard that came with the computer (C-media AC 97) and it worked fine before.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 02:53:01 AM »
That is only a general warning, you can still continue installing the drivers without doing any harm. Unless you interrupt the install or do anything funny.

Marisa

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 11:36:57 AM »
I know it's a warning and I did continue with the installation but it said that the device isn't working properly because it's not signed.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 01:35:40 PM »
Not being digitally signed should not be a problem.

You will require the correct drivers. I suggest you completely remove the soundcard drivers and clean your registry using a tool such as Advanced System Optimizer V2 should you have problems that are sound related.

Marisa

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 11:12:57 AM »
Ok this is what it says after I install it:

This device is installed but may not work correctly.

Device cannot start. (Code 10.)

I don't know if that helps but you don't know how badly I want my sound back.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 11:15:11 AM »
Device Manager Error Codes

Device failed to start. Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

I doubt that works, but you can give it a shot.