Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop trouble  (Read 3049 times)

yamaha

laptop trouble
« on: February 18, 2007, 12:34:52 PM »
 [smiley=cry.gif] I just got my first laptop it's an Inspiron 1100 and I thought I got a good deal on it but it didn't come with any cd's and as luck would have it I can't get past the secondary master hdd password and I can't figure out how to bypass it so I can use the computer.I'm stumped and don't know what to do.Please help

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: laptop trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
Is this a new laptop?
And are you the only user?

yamaha

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
No it's used but yes I would like to be the only user but I can't get it to work

yamaha

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »
No it's used but yes I would like to be the only user but I can't get it to work

yamaha

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 12:50:29 PM »
Sorry but i'm new at this site and i'm not sure quite how to use it. Will someone please help me, this is putting a strain on my relationship because I spend to much time with it. :
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:00:18 PM by yamaha »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 01:02:12 PM »
Hey, it's OK, it's a forum not a chatroom so don't expect an answer instantly.
Can't you ask the person you got the laptop from for the password?
By the way, can a mod please move this?
Thanks.

yamaha

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »
No I tried but he said he never used it either and the person he got it from is know where to be found

yamaha

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 01:12:51 PM »
If there is someone who can help will you please E-Mail me and let me know I have to go for now thanks

Blackberry

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    « Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »
    If there is someone who can help will you please E-Mail me and let me know I have to go for now thanks

We provide help on the forum, not by email. If you want to be notifed for an answer, you can always use the build-in button for that

Can't move the toppic for some reason... the YaBB-bug-ghost strikes again  :(
    [edit]Ow, suddenly I can again...[/edit]
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 02:01:40 PM by blackberry »
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »
    No I tried but he said he never used it either and the person he got it from is know where to be found

If it is a password for the laptop you are SOL. If it is a password for Windows, you will probably need to buy a copy for yourself. Where did you get this treasure?

yamaha

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 05:57:40 PM »
    It's a secondary master hdd password and I do have a copy of windows

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 07:30:31 PM »
    If this is a hard drive password, then this is a BIOS based password and can only be fixed by Dell IF you can prove you are the rightful owner. As you are (at least) 3rd in line, I don't think you will succeed, as the story will be "I bought it from this guy got it from some other guy".

Here is some info from the Dell forum which addresses this also. Sorry, but it is not Dell's fault.  :'(

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_harddrive&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=21652&c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=latit_harddrive&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=11650&c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 07:32:16 PM by GX1_Man »