Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RESIDENT EVIL ON XP?  (Read 3575 times)

neljan

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
RESIDENT EVIL ON XP?
« on: April 14, 2007, 07:13:58 AM »
Hello,

I know there's probably been thousand's of posts on this subject but I have only just obtained a copy of this game for the PC & I was hoping someone can tell me how I can get this W95 game running on XP?

I have managed to install the software from the disc using the compatibility wizard - but now the games launch icon when clicked comes up with an error message saying that it will run in Windows 95 only.

Right clicking the launch icon for properties to enable me to run it in W95 compatibilty mode doesn't work - as there is strangely no properties selection available in the context menu.

In the folder where the games files are contained, there is no program launch icon to work with either. I have tried the program compatibilty wizard with the .exe for the game but get a message saying:

'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel.'

I basically need to run the .exe for the game in W95 compatibilty mode. I think there's a way of getting a .pif file from the W95 machine which will allow me to create a shorcut to the games .exe file, giving me the option of choosing W95 compatibility. I have also read briefly about creating a dual partition HD (one being W95).

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance...

Raptor

Re: RESIDENT EVIL ON XP?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »
Right clicking the launch icon for properties to enable me to run it in W95 compatibilty mode doesn't work - as there is strangely no properties selection available in the context menu.

You don't get a properties setting? That's not right. Look harder.

By the way, I managed to play Resident Evil on Windows XP, but it has been a long time ago. If you get an error during start-up, try googling for it. That could be how I fixed it, should it have refused to work..