Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Files wont open properly  (Read 4109 times)

Jacob Edwardo

Files wont open properly
« on: October 16, 2004, 07:44:59 PM »
When im tryin to open programs such as "Nesticle" or "znes" or "final fantasy 7" and other games.... The screen goes black like its loading something but nothing happens... the program just closes and no error message or anything.. Is it the program or my computer?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Files wont open properly
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 12:34:11 AM »
    Jacob Edwardo.....Does your pc allow you to send and receive E mail and surf the net ok ? The items you describe sound like games......and have they ever worked on that pc ?
    A bit more information might just produce a more definitive answer .

Let us know

dl65 ::)
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 12:35:16 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 03:06:06 AM »
    Scan for viruses, trojans and spyware.

Jacob Edwardo

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 08:57:24 AM »
    Yes my computer allows me to send/receive emails and also surf the net.... I have scanned for spyware/adware and have come up with nothing, the same with trojans... yes they have worked before but i took it to get "fixed" and they stopped working after the repair guy reformated.... I Think those files might be dos run files if that helps for an answer

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 11:26:07 AM »
    If these programs were installed on a different partition or Hard Disk Drive and you formatted your primairy (C:) station or whatever station your OS was installed on, you may need to reinstall the programs because their registry entries and perhaps even important files have been removed.

If you are now using another Operating System, the programs may have become incompatible.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 11:26:19 AM by Raptor »