Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: microsoft games  (Read 3204 times)

Marianne Petersen

microsoft games
« on: October 17, 2004, 01:23:09 AM »
I've been searching for Microsoft Windows free solitaire games to install but can't find them anywhere. I once installed from Windows updates a few years ago but no luck now. Have Windows 98 2nd Edition. I can't find anything in Add/Remove programs and the cd had nothing. Where can I get these games without having to purchase them. I really want free cell.

Thanks,
Marianne

merlin_2

Re: microsoft games
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 01:32:01 AM »
ok go into the control panel click the add/remove icon then click the windows setup tab..in there should be a list of what you have on your pc...scroll down the list and it should tell you if you have freecell solitare tick the box...it may ask you for your cdinstall disk..someone may have customize your system and omited them?

Corrosive

Re: microsoft games
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 01:22:11 PM »
Firstly, posting twice isn't going to get the problem solved any faster Marianne. In fact, it might just land you up with conflicting advice which could mean you land up damaging your system. Fortunately, I doubt this could be the case here.

Anyway, try searching for these files...
FREECELL.EXE (for Freecell, funnily enough)
MSHEARTS.EXE (Hearts)
SOL.EXE (Obscure, I know)
WINMINE.EXE (My favourite!)
... by clicking on Start > Find and typing in the relevant filename and you should find them in c:\Windows. If you find them, just right click on the file and click on Send To > Desktop (create shortcut) and - lo and behold - and enjoy Freecell! (or Hearts, or Solitaire, or...)