Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cookie troubles  (Read 3273 times)

Rockefeller

Cookie troubles
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »
Ever since a week ago my browser has been acting strange...heres my problem;

at first all my bookmarks and tab bookmarks suddenly disappeared over night then certain websites wouldn't let me login due to my browser was not accepting cookies. Confused about this matter i did what i knew to do, check my internet settings(on firefoxV2 and internet explorer v6) so i did and to my surprise my settings were fine it was accepting cookies and yet it would not let me login my account due to my browser not accepting any cookies. I then tried uninstalling Firefox as well as internet explorer and reinstalling them and deleting all my past settings, that didn't solve the problem, then i put all my settings to default that still didn't help, and then i tried disabling my firewall messing with my security options to see if something was blocking it but that didn't help at all. Finally i figured it was a virus or something infecting my computer that caused this so i simply scanned for anything possible using CA Security center at first then scanning under Nortan. Yeah it picked up some little bugs but that still didn't seem to solve the problem i finally came to google to search up if anyone had some similar problems of this matter and couldn't find anything till i just decided to visit a computer help forum which leads me to here. Websites in particular that I'd like to access are Animalcrossingcommunity.com forums and YTMND.com which show up telling me that the website was not able to save cookies to my computer and im sure that its not the website corrupted or anything because i was able to access the websites fine with my laptop

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3ygpwcp
(I actually did view the troubleshooting guide but it didn't help just gave directions on how to enable cookies)

Ive also tried cookie testing on certain websites by googling up some and they also said my browser wasn't accepting the cookies

Here are my settings:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2me9x1y

Weird how some websites allow me in such as this one?
Is there any possible way to fix this?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cookie troubles
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »
     :o Ow!  You hurt my eyes !  :P 

A lot more punctuation would make this post a lot easier to read  ;)

Alan <><   :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

GX1_Man

Re: Cookie troubles
    « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 05:30:39 PM »
    And also more likely to be read.