Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC crashing is getting old, hope to have a solution soon.  (Read 15376 times)

GX1_Man

Re: PC crashing is getting old, hope to have a solution soon.
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 06:30:18 AM »
Again we see how posting ALL of the information early on can be helpful for a quick resolution, if that is what a poster really wants.

ninjaarashi

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 09:14:36 PM »
As I said in my post I was just recently fiddling about with the card, this is a recent thing. The card has never been overclocked I used that as an exmaple to better explain what I think is going on. I'm posting information as I find out, sort of an update of events in hopes that it narrows things down.

I now have a better clue of what is going on though, thanks to that, and a new discovery. While trying to reset from a crash that happened moments before the PC, instead of restarting, spun up and the monitor regained signal. I was greeted with beautiful 16bit color and garbled graphics and a message that said, I believe, that the drivers of the card had failed. I couldn't really make anything out and it wasn't like I had much time to work it all out since the PC shut it self down while I was trying to read.

I'll try updating drivers back up again, but in my attempts to end the reign of crashing I had stepped back once already. I don't think stepping back further would help.

ninjaarashi

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 03:08:10 AM »
Well, I found the cause myself. The nv4_disp driver is the culprit. So I'm trying out some fixes I found on the net. It's been causing others lots of grief, though generally it gives them the BSoD. One of the fixes is bound to solve the issue. Thanks for the help.