Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple Problems, Think It's the PS and Motherboard  (Read 2139 times)

kingblinx

Multiple Problems, Think It's the PS and Motherboard
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
This started happening a few days ago but now the computer won't even boot the BIOS.
  • It started with a broken keyboard. Bought a cheap one at Wal-mart and everything was okay.
  • The next day random restarts start occurring.
  • Restarts kept occurring until I turned of the computer last night. I then tried to turn it back on and found that the bios wasn't booting. The monitor wasn't picking up a signal so I tried it on another computer and it worked fine. Tried a different monitor on the nonresponding computer and same problem.
I remember that before there was a specific noise or sounds when the bios would boot. Those sounds don't occur anymore.
Thank you for your time and if you need more information I will post whatever is necessary.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 01:54:54 PM by kingblinx »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Multiple Problems, Think It's the PS and Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
You will need to supply alot more info to prevent this from becoming a guessing game...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kingblinx

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 01:52:12 PM »
You will need to supply alot more info to prevent this from becoming a guessing game...
Sorry posted on accident while I was typing. Added the rest. Nice to get a quick reply though.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »
What kind of hardware?

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 04:08:33 AM »
Sorry posted on accident while I was typing. Added the rest. Nice to get a quick reply though.

He meant specifics on the computer, Windows version, what happened prior to this, other problems with th e machine, how old it is, etc.  ;)