Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Source games freezing...  (Read 3542 times)

Magix55

Source games freezing...
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:07:03 PM »
Ok, so Im new here, and after endless searching for an answer, Ive had to come and ask here for and answer, cause this is driving me insane!

Before I list my computer specs, understand that it CAN handle Counter Strike: Source and has before along with Lord of the Rings Online and many others.
Ok, I have
Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Pentium 3 933 MHZ Processor
640 MB RAM
128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 4000
Hard Drive is IBM DLTA
And I dont know my what my Sound Card is.

Anywho, the problem is, that when I go to play on Counter Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source or Half Life 2, opens, and if youve played them you know when it loads it says "Retrieving Server Info" and then goes to "Sending Client Info".
Well, it goes through "Retrieving Server Info" fine, and then goes to "Sending Client Info" it starts loading, but then when its 2 bars away from being completly loaded, BOOM, my computer completly freezes.

Ive checked everywhere and everything I can think of. When I had Windows 2000 just about a month ago, CSS ran perfectly, and I never had this problem whatsoever. But then I installed XP and it started happening. Ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 5 times now...but nothings changed.
Ive checked the Virtual Memory and many other things. Hopefully someone here can help me!

Thanks.

paulz123

Re: Source games freezing...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:48:30 PM »
I don't know if they use punkbuster but have you tried to update your  punkbuster ?
I think it's www.evenbalance.com