Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: system is very slow after format  (Read 2035 times)

sneha

system is very slow after format
« on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:14 PM »
Hi,

My sytem is very slow after format ,
Antivirus -AVG

OS-Windows Xp Proffesional
      734MHZ proccer, RAM-384MB, Motherboard -Kob810e fst

Sneha

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:12:00 AM by sneha »

The Saviour

Re: system is very slow after format
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
If you just formatted your hard drive and did a reinstallation of the operating system...there may be a problem with the hard drive.

Here is my recommendation...

1) Determine the manufacturer of your hard drive.

2) Go to the manufacturer's web site...locate and download their installation software for your hard drive.

3)  Low-level format the drive, writing zeros to all sectors of the drive...this will take some time depending on the size of he drive.

4)  Re-partition and format the drive.

5)  Reinstall the operating sysytem.

I recommend the above...only if you experienced the problem immediately following a reinstallation of your operating system.

Apparently...something went wrong during installation...or there may be some corrupt files or damaged hard drive sectors...this is only an assumption and should be treated as such.

You may receive other opinions here within this thread...I recommend you take heed to them.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
Did you re-install all your drivers after the format ? ?
Start with the motherboard ones first...if you don't have a driver CD that came with that machine ( we still don't know what type of machine it is ) and re-boot.

Then sound, video etc....
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
In addition to what patio has posted...

Please provide us with as much information as you can about your computer system...

Patio referred to your drivers...good point...check your Device Manager through Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager to see if there is any hardware requiring drivers.

Hopefully you have a driver disk that came with your system.  If not, you may have to search the manufacturer's website for any drivers that pertain to the specific make and model of your hardare as they pertain to your computer's operating system.