Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard  (Read 1803 times)

harley88

Topic Starter

Beginner

Motherboard
    « on: June 18, 2007, 03:17:47 AM »
    Hello

I have been looking online for a motherboard with a agp slot , floppy drive support , and at least 3 PCI slots for going on a month now.
    Is this old man just not searching right or have they quit making such a board?
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    harley
    Aspire X-Superalien 500W
    ASUS P4C800E DELUXE
    P4 800 3.0G
    CRUCIAL 4x 512MB
    RADEON 9800XT
    SB AUDIGY
    XP HOME sp2

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
    • Google
      Re: Motherboard
      « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:23:21 AM »
      Could you give more details on the specifications you're looking for? eg Intel/AMD, socket, overclockability, RAM slots/FSB etc... And especially - Price range.
      System specs:
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
      ASUS Striker Extreme
      XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
      2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
      Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
      Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
      -

harley88

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Motherboard
        « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 04:41:16 AM »
        DeltaSlaya

Thanks much for your reply sure do appreciate it.   Shoot I got this old intel P111 computer that i was going to trash can and i started to mess around with it and decided i would try and put a p4 cpu in , but i have to have another motherboard to do that . Well i bought a cheap new case that was my first mistake its to cheap , thought maybe i could buy a new power supply and put a new MB and CPU in the same case that the old p111 is in (ATX). Well this old man is really confused now.
        Anyway i want use my ATI (agp) video card , my floppy drive and DDR400 PC3200 memory if i could. At least 2x512MB ram
        I am on a fixed income so money is a issue , i dont want a dirt cheap MB and cpu and i dont want a high end machine. AMD or INTEL.
        do know about socket stuff , i have a socket 478 on my newest comp. that i like its 800FBS
        Hope you can understand what this old man is trying to say.
        Thanks much
        harley

PS:  The only experince i have with a computer is i put in a memory stick , video card , sound card , nic card , untill about twos weeks ago then i took this p111 computer apart and put it back together and it works.

Aspire X-Superalien 500W
        ASUS P4C800E DELUXE
        P4 800 3.0G
        CRUCIAL 4x 512MB
        RADEON 9800XT
        SB AUDIGY
        XP HOME sp2