Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What are the best money making professions ?  (Read 5928 times)

Nikolas741

What are the best money making professions ?
« on: July 25, 2007, 09:54:46 AM »
I`m not such a good player, i`ve played WOW few times. But i would like to know from the professionals ...

So ..
What are the best money making professions ? And tehniques ??

Spero-T

Re: What are the best money making professions ?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:47:55 AM »
Firstly I would like to state, WoW is quite possibly the worst game I have ever played...
But to answer your question I referred to my good friend Google !!

Are you asking for what's the best gathering skill to make money to support your instancing/raiding addiction, or which gathering skill is best to use IN an instance?

If it's the former, there are plenty of threads on that in this forum... The general consensious is mining/herbalism is the best if you can make it work for you (only can have 1 track skill up at teh same time), or for a little less hassle mining or herbalism with skinning. I'm personally going for mining/herb

If it's the latter, it really depends on the instance.
UBRS ==> Skinning
BRD ==> Mining Dark Iron
DM ==> Mining for Rich Thorium or Herbalism for ghost mushroom
ZG ==> mining for rich thorium

Now if you're a high level and farming instances, Enchanting is good. I'd go for SFK and SM if your alliance (Gnomer is good if you can stomache the place). You can go in, solo the place and DE all the greens/BoE Blues. SFK is nice because of the sheer number of green drops off the trash mobs... SM is nice because its a bit higher level... plus money from the silk.

As I said above, I'm gonna go mining / herb. I chose to do a stint as an enchanter for a bit first though. I'm making a daily run of SFK (35-40m) and walk out with a bag full of enchanting mats.

The skinning item that only drop in instances are either (a) rare; or (b) on a guild claim. These items include:

- Pristine Hide of the Beast - Very rare skin off of The Beast in UBRS. Typically it's randomed among those who need it.
- Corehound Leather - Off the corehounds in MC. Typically goes to your guild bank.
- Onyxia Scale - From, well, Onyxia. Typically goes to the guild bank for use in Onyxia Scale Cloaks.

So, yes, Skinning can make you money ... but not from rare skinning materials. Its consistency is what makes money, in that a lot of what you kill as you grind is beasts, resulting in a decent supply of leather. And, unlike Mining or Herbalism, there are always mobs to kill for leather; there aren't always nodes to farm for herbs or ores.

However, I would say the best gathering profession for moneymaking is Herbalism. At 275 Herbalism, you can pick Dreamfoil, which typically goes for 1g a piece (depending on server). In other words, each node is worth 1-3g. Not to mention Mountain Silversage, Golden Sansam, and Icecap, which all have decent going rates.

Enchanting will make you some money as you level, but its consistancy will hurt once you hit 60 and no longer receive quest rewards (unless you continuously run instances). You actually have to receive items to be able to disenchant them, so there's a lack of actual inflow of cash there.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:36:35 AM by Spero-T »

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 04:04:24 AM »
No offence, Spero-T but:
Your post is quite possiably the post i have ever read in my intier life !!!

If you don't mind, please get rid of
Code: [Select]
[font=Verdana]   [/font]

[Saving disk space -  old attachment deleted by admin]

Spero-T

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 04:20:25 AM »
Your a *censored*, so i made a small mistake...... Just plain nasty....

syntaX

Greenhorn
    « Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 01:03:19 AM »
    I would say mining is the best profession. You can usually get tons of gold by selling stacks of gathered materials. If you want to make the most money in WoW, make a new character and start out with two gathering professions (I recommend mining and herbalism) and sell as many stacks of materials you can. I don't mean selling them to a vendor... look at the prices on Auction House and sell your stacks at lower prices (or at least a suitable, median price). Build up both of these professions until 375 and keep selling your gathered materials! Having different toons that have different professions will rake in tons of gold... you can have an enchanting toon that makes money off of void shards or dust (I recommend having a level 70 character with plenty of gold to pay for enchanting though, and to run lower-level instances to get to get uncommon, rare, and epic items to disenchant). You can have alchemy on another character that specializes in primal mights (which makes TONS of gold when it procs).

DON'T START THE GAME OFF WITH A CRAFTING PROFESSION. You'll only waste money as you constantly buy materials off the AH for that "must-have" robe that will become worthless in two levels. Don't waste money on any kind of AH item while you're leveling... save ALL of your gold and sell ALL of your crafting materials on the AH and all of your WORTHLESS items (vendor trash, mainly) to a vendor.

The key to gold-making is having multiple toons with multiple professions that farm and sell their goods. Alternative gold-making strategies include farming primal materials (primal air, primal fire, primal water, etc.) which are used in a variety of crafting professions. The Elemental Plateau tends to be over-farmed, so these locations are much alternatives (I don't bother with Primal Earth because it only goes for 5g on my server and is practically worthless):

- Enraged Fire Spirits in the Hand of Gul'Dan, Shadowmoon Valley, for Primal Fire.
    - Enraged Air Spirits north of Netherwing Ledge, Shadowmoon Valley, for Primal Air.
    - Shimmerscale Eels north of Cenarion Thicket, in the lake, Terokkar Forest, for Primal Water.
    - Mageslayers and Mana Wraiths in Kirin'Var Village, Netherstorm, for Primal Mana.
    - Fungal Giants in the Spawning Glen, Zangarmarsh, for Primal Life.

Farm the one that's easiest for you... for example, I don't tend to farm the Motes of Fire because I'm a fire mage; instead, I go for the Primal Air, which sells for the highest on my server. Speaking of that, always go for the ones that sell for the highest on your server... for me it's Air and Fire, but for you, it might be Water and Life. ALWAYS CHECK THE AUCTION TO SEE WHAT'S THE MOST VALUABLE.

Well, those are all of my tricks for WoW. It's really that easy, and I don't see why people have to waste time downloading (or worse, buying) gold guides. It's no secret, it's just common sense.
    Trust The Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 03:12:24 AM »
    Your a *censored*, so i made a small mistake...... Just plain nasty....
    No need to star swearing.

I just wanted you to get rid of that red highlighting thing because I can't read what you posted.

I meant no offense by what I posted.
    No offence, Spero-T but: