Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: samsung display prob  (Read 2536 times)

silent badger

samsung display prob
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:06:23 PM »
HI, Ive come to the forum begging for help! like many others before me i expect

i use a samsung 913n monitor and it started displaying the message
"not optimum mode, recomended mode, 1280 x 1024 60 hz" occasionally, against a blackground. this was the resolution i have always used! the problem could be solved by turning the comp off at the wall for awhile and rebooting (usually).
In an attempt to solve this i have installed the latest drivers for my graphics card (nvidia GF7800 GT), monitor and directx 9c(OS XPpro). this reset all my setting to default and now i cant get resolutions of over 800 x 600 without this of just a black screen being displayed!
please will somebody help me!
really really really dont wnat to have to format my drive.

Richenstony

Re: samsung display prob
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:19:19 PM »
Ok i have a samsung HD 21 inch , and the same grahpics card as you :D small world

my current settings are: 1440 by 900
                                       screen refresh rate 75 hertz
                                       32 bit

change your settings to them and see if that makes a diffrence im shooting a loading gone at a needle here , ive never had any issues , im just saying what i have to see it it will improve your screen as like i said have had no issues.

silent badger

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
strangely that helped a bit! increased to 1600 x 1200 and it disnt go black! still had the same warning masseage tho, also, unplugging the power to the monitor seems to help as it reverts back to 800 x 600 when i plug it back it

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
strangely that helped a bit! increased to 1600 x 1200 and it disnt go black! still had the same warning masseage tho, also, unplugging the power to the monitor seems to help as it reverts back to 800 x 600 when i plug it back it
Ok ... theres nofing strange about it lol , think about it , if its not set up correctly it wont work , which we now know it isnt , ok heres what i want to to do buddy , unistall the card itself , along with the drivers , and install everything all over again , what ever your computer promts you to do when installing Do it ........

you will find your drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

gluck be sure to let me know if it works

Make sure you apply my settings to your card once everything has been set up

silent badger

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 01:41:27 PM »
thats not the strange thing!
this monitor is a samsung 913n syncmaster, its SUPPOSED to run at 1280 x 1024 @ 60hz, and always has done. now its the only one it deffinatly wont work on and it seems happie rthe futher away i put the settings! 800 x 600 is fine 1600 x 1200 is fine, well its not, cant read anything properly as half the pixels arnt displying properly, they being out of range.
dont get it at all

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 01:50:58 PM »
Yh that is odd ;D

But like i said in the post above its always worth a try........

:) :)

cheers Tony