Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo Email Deletion  (Read 2479 times)

compillit

Yahoo Email Deletion
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:45:45 PM »
Hello.  I send and receive email via Yahoo.  I realize that when I delete my emails, they still exist on my computer somewhere, hiding in the shadows.  Is there a way to get rid of them entirely?  I know that years ago when I used AOL for my email there was a separate folder that I could go into to get rid of deleted emails.  I only discovered it when it got too full and popped up a warning along with all of my deleted emails!  So much for privacy!  Does Yahoo have something like that, too or is it an entirely different thing since it is not actual software installed on my computer like AOL was? 

I would appreciate any info anyone can offer.

Thanks!

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Yahoo Email Deletion
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:06:48 AM »
    If you mean Yahoo webmail, then the emails aren't technically stored on your computer but on Yahoo's computers.
    Some data is saved on your computer though. This is because your browser saves a temporary copy of the web pages you browse.
    If you tell us what web browser you use, we can tell you how to clear out these temporary files.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

compillit

Re: Yahoo Email Deletion
    « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
    Thanks for your reply.  I feel really stupid, but I am not sure what web browser I use.  Microsoft Internet Explorer?  Is that considered a web browser?  If so, that is what I use.  Sorry. I am quite the novice when it comes to computers.

Thanks again for your reply.