Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP will not start  (Read 2235 times)

annamartin

XP will not start
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:25:01 PM »
My computer is having problems starting XP.  When I turn the computer on, I get the screen that says Microsoft XP, but nothing happens after that; that screen stays on for half an hour and doesn't physically load my information.  After this happened a few times, a blue screen came up and told me it had done a dump of my physical memory. 

I next tried working with the safe mode screen.  When I tried debugging or reverting to the last configuration that worked, the computer went back to the XP screen and still wouldn't load. 

When I told the computer to start in safe mode, I would get a black screen that said safe mode in the corners, and the computer would wait at that screen and never load anything further.  If I hit control-alt-delete in safe mode, I could get a list of my programs, even after I was told the physical memory had been dumped, but the computer locked up if I tried to load them. 

I have no idea how this happened.  The computer has not been connected to the internet for about a month.  I have loaded no new programs recently, and I have done nothing strenuous on the computer.  If you could help me, I would really appreciate. 

Richenstony

Re: XP will not start
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 06:25:34 PM »
Scroll down to repair windows x-p .........

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Follow the instructions....

Tony :)