Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc tower troubles  (Read 2814 times)

email2jen

pc tower troubles
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »
I got a pc tower last yr . when i got it from a friend it was in good shape right at a yr old . i have been using for a while . it runs good no problems . when i shut down i shut down the normal way , very rarely do i have this problem : I shut it down it will not come back on , maybe 5 times this happened , last time i shut it down darn thing would nto come back on .  it is a hp pavillion Q 1213 w , really a great pc other than it not coming back on . lots of memory & fast as heck ! thanks jen

beanhead07

Hopeful
    Re: pc tower troubles
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
    Do you have a spare power supply you can try in it and see if that is what the problem is? Also take all the memory out except for one stick and try powering it up. Keep replacing the memory sticks to see if one of them is bad. If they aren't then my guess is your power supply is malfunctioning.
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

email2jen

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:49:37 PM »
    I switched power supply cords & still nothing . I was wondering in the pc i see alot of wires with a connectors & at the end is #'s like p3 p5 p6 . that are not connected . Are those supposed to be connected ? jen

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:00:52 PM »
    The numbered plugs.Not really they are spares.

Did you try another PSU,or just the cord?

You said"I switched power supply cords & still nothing ."
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

beanhead07

Hopeful
      « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:01:48 PM »
      Those connectors are the power connectors to things like the cdrom and hard drive and floppy drive. I take it the hard drive and cd rom are plugged in? (just asking, not trying to insult anyone) just have to cover the bases. :)
      If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.