Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OMG Going Insane with PC Issue!!!  (Read 2212 times)

Sonya

OMG Going Insane with PC Issue!!!
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:23:54 PM »
Ok So I went on a trip and My husband calls to tell me he got an error message. Something about Hardware failure and it was shutting down to prevent further damage. I have a Dell XPS 410 custom made for my gaming . 2 gigs memory Invidia Video Card. Ok so I come home and He tells me that it will now not boot up. When I turn it on the green light comes on you hear the fan running and it sounds as if something is working in there. But The monitor is automatically put in standby mode. If you turn the monitor off and back on you can see where is says hit any Key to continue. I miss my PC and now I am on the kids Dell Dimension. I am lost and want my PC  back :'.. Help.. Thanks.  ???

Quakky

Beginner

Re: OMG Going Insane with PC Issue!!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »
    ok so do u hear a beep at the startup? if not then were u able to hear a beep sound everytime u start ur pc before?
    Also did he tell u when/where/how he got the error?  (as in what he was doing on it). Try to press F2 or Delete button when u start the pc, and c if u can get into bios and c if all hardware is detected and u might wanna load default values and save them to see if that works. what happens when u press a key once u get that "press any key" message?

Sonya

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »
    ok so Finally Dell gets back to me. Seems my hard drive failed and memory sticks were also damaged. They are replacing them as it turns out I did buy the extended warranty. YAY for me... Thanks for replying. I will have my stuff up and running in no time. Good luck to the rest of you having issues. Hugs

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »
    Excellent choice of an unreadable color for that post...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »
    Excellent choice of an unreadable color for that post...

Shame it wasn't a blue/grey.
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.