Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: playing computer games  (Read 19919 times)

Diane Pelke

playing computer games
« on: April 14, 2004, 11:31:15 AM »
I cannot figure out why a game I play is not working properly , it is an online game and the only game that does this, when I try to play it seems as if the game is moving in  slow motion.I have windows xp,someone help!!  :-[

wrathchild_67

Re: playing computer games
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:29:51 PM »
'Can't help if we don't even know what game it is or whether you're trying to run it on a slow machine. Game? System specs?

Diane Pelke

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 06:11:23 PM »
SORRY
            Slingo Game Site it use to
                                           just fine ,all other sites work
athlon 701 MHz                   aok.
windows xp home addition
Radeon 7000 series
(ACPI) PC
cd rommaxtor 92041u4
primary IDE channel SecondaryIDEchannel
VIA bus master IDE controller
standard game port
VIA AC'Audio ::) ::)  ty Diane

wrathchild_67

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 07:50:59 PM »
Ahh I thought you were talking about an installed (possibly 3D) game that had an online component. So then your problem is probably related to your web browser. You could try repairing your browser, installing the latest Macromedia Flash/Shockwave, and/or the latest Sun Java virtual machine. I don't know what your browser is though (guessing Internet Explorer, but perhaps you don't have the latest version), and exactly what type of games Slingo offers (Flash/Shockwave/Java/Other?).

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 05:43:10 AM »
What's your internet connection.  Sometimes an online game can be affected by the time of day due to increased internet activity around the world.

Diane Pelke

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 05:52:04 PM »
 Joleen,

Thanks  for your reply,I'am on High Speed Iternet, which is cable,

Have A Good Day!
                                Diane P. ;D

MetalMilitia

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 04:14:39 AM »
i used to have a similar problem trying to play counterstrike online with an old duron 750mhz. If you increase your ram would would probably see a fairly large improvement. What game is it that isnt working?

Joleen

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 07:44:04 AM »
It's an internet game as opposed to an online game.  She's going to a website and playing from there.