Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will Changing Dhcp to a proxy open port  (Read 3226 times)

changeme

Will Changing Dhcp to a proxy open port
« on: September 06, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »
Hi, Im new to computing so im trying to learn everything I can. I want access to a site at my job that the company dont want us to have access to so I was wondering if I change the DHCP to a proxy Ip, if it will then allow me to opent an out going port? I can open a incoming port for what I want to use it just wont send the signal out so I can use the site I can see it just not use it so I think that The DHCP ip for company admin is run through the DHCP IP. If I change the ip to a proxy Ip that should take away administrators block on setting up a out going iP Right? :P I know this is some sort of external firewall.

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Will Changing Dhcp to a proxy open port
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 03:30:01 PM »
    The DHCP server is only responsible for assigning IPs (usually on a LAN) to network devices. Changing it to a proxy IP will only accomplish getting you disconnected from the company LAN when your current IP lease expires, nothing else.
    Do a bit of reading on it if you don't believe me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhcp

It might be a firewall blocking site access, but it could just as easily be a content filter. But I am not going to give you tips on how to circumvent rules set down by your employer.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

changeme

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »
    Error_game_js5connect - Unable to connect to update server.
    Game was unable to connect to the update server. This is most likely caused by a firewall blocking the connection. To resolve this:

If you have firewall or security software installed please ensure Game/Java is allowed to open outgoing network connections on ports 43594.

Note Windows XP Service Pack 2 has built in firewall software. If when loading  this asks if you want to allow the connection, you need to say 'yes'.

If that doesn't help then an external firewall may be causing the problem. Please ask your network adminstrator Game/ISP to open port 43594 for TCP traffic.

If problems persist then please refer to our technical FAQ which can be found in the FAQ section of our website.

Hmmm I guess its the ISP blocking it did everything possible I retrieved from help sites.The outgoing traffic is not allowed apparently on that port.

contrex

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 02:54:10 AM »
    Boy that black and red font sure looks ugly! If that's what you dream up when you are supposed to be working, I'm sure glad you don't work for me!

You play games when you are employed to do work? Why don't you try doing what you are paid to do?  ::)

Misuse of company IT resources is a firing offense in most jobs I have had.