Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need RAM HELP ASAP!  (Read 1796 times)

NeciFiX

Need RAM HELP ASAP!
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »
GAH!!!!!!!

COMP:

DELL DIMENSION 4600I, The RAM DOES work for my PC apparently, it said it worked for a Dell Dimension 4600.

Somehow I knew this would happen! So I got my 1 GB of RAM I've been asking questions about and finally got it, my 512's are in separate slots and so I pair them together and so bank 1 is full, I go to bank 2 and put in my 1 GB, it fits snugly, I go to turn on my PC and NOTHING! All that happens is the little green light flashes on and off yellow. So, I go back in and I take the 1GB out, at this point frustrated. I left the 2 512's paired together, the PC turned on, or apparently so, the light was green, but, the monitor refused to do so. I put the 512 in the separate bank like nothing ever happened and it booted up.

When I booted up I got this "System Configuration Utilities" crap and I didn't really read it, it happens whenever I start up, I did scan it once before Xing it, it said that Windows or something denied a change in my PC or something along these lines. Is this the problem? EVEN IF the 1GB was bad, it still refused to turn on even with the 2 512's, they had to return completely to their original spots before turning on. Do I need 2 512's instead of this 1 gig? Is there no problem with the RAM but my *censored* system not letting me change it, this "System Configuration Utility"?

Please help! I am in DIRE need of assistance!

Thanks!

~NeciFiX

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Need RAM HELP ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:44:54 PM »
What MBoard is this ? ?
Whose RAM ? ?
What are the RAM specs ? ?