Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows start button moved!! help  (Read 2255 times)

minxykat05

windows start button moved!! help
« on: October 08, 2007, 07:49:21 PM »
hi there im using my friend compaq laptop with windows xp and i think i accidently clicked something when i was looking at some files and the satrt button moved from the botton left hand corner to the top right hand corner, i was wondering how do i move it back as im not very good with computers??, iv tried clicking and dragging/holding it down etc?

thanks !

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: windows start button moved!! help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
You need some practice, and you need to be patient.
Move your mouse pointer slowly toward the edge of taskbar, until it becomes double-arrow.
Keep dragging until the taskbar will double in width.
Release mouse, click inside new part of taskbar, you just created, hold mouse button, and drag a whole taskbar to the bottom of monitor screen.

contrex

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 02:16:24 AM »
This had my ex wife foxed for weeks! When I showed her that you can drag the taskbar back with the mouse, she was amazed!

How to stop it happening again: right click the taskbar (when you have it where you want it) and check (tick) "lock the taskbar".

The fact is that there is no "right" place for the taskbar, Microsoft put it at the bottom of the screen by default, but you can have it at the top or on the right or left if you want.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
check (tick) "lock the taskbar"
Thanks. I forgot to tell him... :)