Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDMI Connection and no picture???  (Read 3510 times)

dommarley

HDMI Connection and no picture???
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:35:40 AM »
Hi, I have got an ASUS D22 Media Centre pc and have recently tried to connect the system to my TV using the HDMI connector.  I am unable to get a picture can anyone think of a reason why or is there anything else I need to do??

The picture is there if I use a straight forward AV cable but not via HDMI.  The TV's are modern Panasonic and Philips but I did read that some TV's cannot show the output from a computer, is this true?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dom

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: HDMI Connection and no picture???
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:15:59 AM »
    but I did read that some TV's cannot show the output from a computer, is this true?
    Not true... but how to get it to show the output depends on what types of inputs the TVs have.

Do they have HDMI inputs?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

dommarley

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:21:58 AM »
    Hi Deerpark, thanks for the reply.  The input to the TV is one of two HDMI sources where the cable is plugged into, you then select the relevant HDMI input using the remote control and a picture should appear??

Deerpark

Egghead
      « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:32:14 AM »
      That depends on how your computer is setup..
      Do you have another screen connected to the computer? If you do you probably need to configure the computer to output a signal to both screens. How to do this depends on what graphics card you have in the machine. But if you can give us the name of it someone should be able to tell you have to do it.

But yes if the TV is the only screen connected I believe the picture *should* appear automatically.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

dommarley

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:16 AM »
      Thanks again for the prompt reply.  The TV will be the only screen connected to the system so I am at a bit of a loss as to why there is no picture.

Thanks for the info on the graphics card, I believe the make is an "NVidia nForce 7600GS Graphic Card" if anyone has any suggestions? 

Thanks Dom