Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer  (Read 2958 times)

CK

Internet Explorer
« on: October 16, 2007, 07:09:18 AM »
I'm not good with tech. issues of computer.

Recently I switched from a 6 MB DSL Service to 4 MB DSL service, same co. just slower connection rate.  The day they changed it, my internet explorer slowed to a crawl.  To connect to the internet it took me 15 minutes.  Once on in flows ok, except when it's loading a separate browser window (you know like a link requires a browser page of it's own.)  My hotmail account is unaccessable, I'm not able to download anything I get page not available/unaccessable messages. 

I contacted my internet provider, they had me disconnect my modem for a minute (unplug), they tried a reboot, neither affected the performance of Explorer.

I thought it was a virus, realizing that my Norton subscription was expired, I called them to rid me of virus, they found  none. 

I downloaded Firefox, it's works fine.  I tried downloading the Internet eplorer 7 took forever to download and install.  Tried to turn it on, did same thing.  Works in "safe mode".  So now I've already paid a tech $100 to resolve a problem I don't have.

Any thoughts?

Ivy

Re: Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:18:22 AM »
Hi CK,
Welcome to CH .
Since your problem is Internet Explorer related please post it in the appropriate section.
Internet Browsers

Best of luck.
Ivy.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Internet Explorer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:06:11 PM »
Hi CK,
Welcome to CH .
Since your problem is Internet Explorer related please post it in the appropriate section.
Internet Browsers

Best of luck.
Ivy.
Its probably better off to just move it
(Topic moved to Internet Explorer)

In Internet Explorer, click Tools> Internet Options> Connections
Click the button titled LAN
Enabled "automatically detect proxy"
click OK, and then apply the settings. Does it work now?