Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Graphics card problems.  (Read 2044 times)

benbarth87

New Graphics card problems.
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:36:29 PM »
Just bought my self a new Graphics card (Ati Radeon 2600 512mb) since ive installed it, Ive had nothing but trouble with it, also Other parts of my computer i have gone no where near :S im not one normally for asking for help on these things and i can normally sort it all out but this is just  >:(  ???

Start off, As i set it up, Got the machine running, and for some reason ive gone from 1700 odd of ram to just 1024mb, checked several times as to the reason behind that, all conected correctly, didnt go near them while fitting my graphics card in. No idea what so ever what is wrong.

Secondly no sound... lol no idea where this is gone, Just stoped working :S Tried several times, speakers are perfectly fine and are working, just not getting anything from the pc in the way of sound. run several tests in dxdiag, was getting nothing through there, just said it was working correctly.

Lastly, After getting my graphics card working and updating the drivers, I thought i would try a game, to see the effect this new graphics card had on my graphics... So started up Call of duty 4 (off topic, AWESOME GAME), some reason it had changed my profile graphic settings to somthing else.. I tried to change any of the settings such as resulution, The game Closed down and Said i had a direct x problem. Reinstalled direct 9c, Closed me straight down once again...

Really wish i never bought the god damned thing now.

Any ideas anyone?