Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Booting 2 OS on the same computer  (Read 2856 times)

juicebox

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    Booting 2 OS on the same computer
    « on: October 31, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »
    Hi i was wondering if it is possible to boot 2 os' on 1 comp(not at the same time) but i have two hard drive both 35 gig and one has window and the other collects dust, is there anyway i could add linux to my computer and my other drive???? please let me know

thanking you in advance juicebox ;D  ;D  ;D
    intel i7 4930k with corsair liquid cooling
    geforce GTX titan 3gb super-clocked
    corsair 16gb ram (2x8gb)
    intel 120gb SSD
    gigabyte x79-p4 motherbord
    corsair cubecase

dairyman

Re: Booting 2 OS on the same computer
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 06:34:04 PM »
    You can dual-boot them.

Read this.

elxr06

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:31 PM »
    You can dual-boot them.

Read this.

You can do that. Although most cases I have seen is dual booting on one hard drive, you can dual boot with the OS on two different hard drives.

It's like having two partitions. You can have it all in one drive or in two separate drives.

friny

Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 12:55:42 PM »
      Yes you could it. Linux (For example: Mandrake) have in it's installation an option that permits that you install linux with a Hard Drive with Windows. At end, you I'll have a Boot loader Interface called Lilo that show you what OS you will use. Also, you could share files between both OS (Only if you have a software that support NTFS installed in Linux).

Also, you could install Others OS in your additional hard drive not only Linux (Mac OS, FreeBSD, Solaris, Novell, Win98, ME, W2K..)

You just only have to assure that the boot interface be rigth configurated.