Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help  (Read 1882 times)

chi

help
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:26:40 PM »
i cannot start on windows.............a message saying....boot from cd. DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER...PLS HELP ANYONE..IM NEW TO THIS TROUBLE.THNKS.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
This is from Computerhope. See below.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000387.htm
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

phoenix910

Hopeful

Re: help
    « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »
    Alternatively, it could be a problem where your hard drive isn't connected properly, either due to IDE (or SATA) failure, or motherboard connection failure, or power supply failure. If this happens, I first of all fiddle around with the connections on the inside to your Hard Drives, and if this doesn't fix it, try reinstalling the OS as in the previous instructions. If the reinstalling software (such as windows) does not detect the Hard Drive, then it is a detection issue probably due to the aforementioned reasons, or less likely, a BIOS issue (but this shouldn't occur because I am assuming this computer has been working in the past for a while).

-Stephen