Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The windows based garageband equvilant  (Read 3695 times)

Dead_reckon

The windows based garageband equvilant
« on: October 22, 2007, 12:55:03 PM »
No, I haven't found a copy of garageband for windows, but, i have found something that is near identical to it. However, it is not free, but not extremely expensive either. The program is called Mixcraft, it actually looks and works like a modified copy of the garageband program. If you do not know what garageband is, google it.

Mixcraft is a program developed by Acoustica, it took me about an hour of digging through google to find an artical that mentioned it as an equvilant to garageband. The only bad thing, its not free, but for a mere $50, its worth it if you want a good music composer, quite fun to toy with. Others will probably obtain this by questionable means, but thats there business.

you can download a version to try of Mixcraft here:
http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: The windows based garageband equvilant
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »
I like how you mentioned "Others will probably obtain this by questionable mean, but thats there business"
*cough, cough*
(looks in your general direction)

Dead_reckon

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:05:03 PM »
I like how you mentioned "Others will probably obtain this by questionable mean, but thats there business"
*cough, cough*

Well, that response took long enough, however, i will not admit nor deny the quote being aimed t'wards myself.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »
*cough, cough*

Well, that response took long enough, however, i will not admit nor deny the quote being aimed t'wards myself.

Sometimes, I look at my SMF buddies list, and think: "Hey, theres Dead_Reckon. Lets see what new [immoralaly wrong based] posts he has made. "

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 09:10:07 PM »
Why must everyone care about morality these days? I mean, honestly, it doesnt seem like the majorities do, such as illegal citizens in the US. So why should I care about something as minor as a $50 string of code?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 10:38:05 PM »
Why must everyone care about morality these days? I mean, honestly, it doesnt seem like the majorities do, such as illegal citizens in the US. So why should I care about something as minor as a $50 string of code?
I still think you should try putting together an entire program, just to see how difficult it gets.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 01:05:37 PM »

If you let what "others" do define what's right and wrong then at what point does one draw the line ? ?

Just curious.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dead_reckon

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »

If you let what "others" do define what's right and wrong then at what point does one draw the line ? ?

Just curious.

sorry for the delayed response, but, its really uncertain where the line should be drawn between many moral and legal ideals. really its not any one persons decision to make to say what is and is not right, but i did not start this thread to make a debate on whats moral or legal, only to advise of a useful software.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:42:23 PM by Dead_Reckon »