Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: log on to windows problem  (Read 2387 times)

Randy G

log on to windows problem
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »
Can not log on.
Message "The system could not log on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct then type your password again."
User name is Administrator, changed to another user but same message.
Password does not work, leaving blank gets the message above.
In Safe mode gets you back to this same message.
This started after new monitor but same brand and type as old one. Try old monitor, same message.
Installed Windows CD and ran to fix any problems, still same message.
Using Windows 2000 PRO.
NEED HELP TO GET PAST LO ON TO Windows screen.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: log on to windows problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Randy G

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
thanks for the link to Microsoft. Since the computer is set for no password, I guess I have to reinsall Windows.

I have tried the password used before but no luck.

Any other ideas!

electricmidget

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
dude, i had this problem with my lappy top before...

try turning it on, then shutting it off ruthlessly(not the right way) just unplug it or something or hold down the power button...

then...turn it on again and it should give you a warning message saying how it was improperly shut down and run it in safe mode :)

if that doesn't work or you've tried that just tell me...

*note* if your current login does have admin privileges *note*

just hack it and change the password... :)

go to START, and hit run :) then type cmd and press ok or enter or whatever...
                         after it pops up, type "net user Administrator *" (without the quotes)(with the asterisk)(asterisk = *)
                         it'll tell you to type the new password, but while you type it won't show the letters...not even those
                         dumb ********* so you can't see what you type...it looks like your really not even typing...
                         just type it (no mistakes!!!) and hit enter, then it'll ask you to retype it...do it...press enter and it should
                         work, log out and try...if it says "system error 5, access is denied." then you're kinda screwed and you                       
                         don't have Administrator privileges :(

if you have any questions just reply or email me - [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:01:33 AM by patio »

dairyman

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »
electricmidget,

Please don't add your e-mail address to each post. Remove the e-mail address ASAP to avoid spam. Spam bots can pick up these e-mail addresses and give you loads of spam.

Randy G

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 02:29:19 PM »
electricmidget,

I have tried shutting it off ruthlessly, no change.

I sould have Administrator privileges but does allow me to get into Windows to use start button.

Thanks,

Any other ideas