Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem Staying Connected to the Internet_Vista Ultimate x86  (Read 2955 times)

L1Qu1D

Problem Staying Connected to the Internet_Vista Ultimate x86
« on: January 14, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »
I am connected to my Virgin Cable modem through a Linksys WRT54G Router and do not usually suffer any probs yet the Virgin Media live status thing reports no probs in my area, dont think i've changed any settings yet I have noticed my Event log contains "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." repeatedly, and around the time i lose connectivity. I have applied the TCP/IP patch since this started happening last night, as I noticed some people having success with it. Also ran Spybot S&D tests with no luck as well.

This is my first time of using this forum so plz, make me believe in the site  ;D.

:EDIT:
Sorry, its Vista Ultimate I am using and I have no other PC's on my network right now.. apart from a 3G mobile on MSN, using its own net supply.. that couldn't be causing problems could it?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:28:27 PM by L1Qu1D »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problem Staying Connected to the Internet_Vista Ultimate x86
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
I have applied the TCP/IP patch
What patch was it?

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problem Staying Connected to the Internet_Vista Ultimate x86
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »
Did you try to bypass router, resetting modem?