Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help inserting a video in geocities  (Read 3876 times)

billharvey

Need help inserting a video in geocities
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:52:55 AM »
Hello all, im working on a page for clan page for a game... Everything is going smoothly except...i want to add a video an link it to a word... i know how to do that.. but i cant load the video to geocities... is there anyway around this??

also im using a template i downloaded from an other site... im alright in html now...but hwo do i begin to make other pages? i have my front main one done but how do i start woking on other ones and make geocities awknowledge them??

i know its alot but any help woudl be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance

gamerx365

Adviser
  • Radda Radda!
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Need help inserting a video in geocities
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 09:47:51 AM »
you can upload the video to youtube and then take the HTML code and put it in an html object. I dont really know anything about geocities but that will show the video.

billharvey

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
hi,

Yeah that does make sense dosnt it... thanks for the help...

I still need help with my other question though about adding more pages to my site what do i name the file? im confused here... any help would be nice ...thanks again...

gamerx365

Adviser
  • Radda Radda!
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 02:34:49 PM »
well if your okay with HTML you should know how to work on those other pages. once completed, there should be a file upload tool somewhere around geocities, use that to upload the html file and you should be able to see a URL of the document. you want to copy that and use that as the URL for the link to it (probably on the index for now).

If you want a quick HTML made up, I have a free utility I made for download onmy site, you can alter the HTML's when your done. You can also alter the file itself, just please dont redistribute the altered version. I know I put the pesky little made by thing in there just to be a pain lol.  ;D
LINK