Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Monitor  (Read 3027 times)

HavingProblems

Computer Monitor
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
Hi, I am new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask this, if not my apologies.  My problem is that my monitor is kind of pulsing in and out,  almost like an hourglass shape.  The top and bottom of the screen is kind of stretched out and everything on the screen is distorted a bit.  It does this off and on sometimes for minutes and sometimes for hours.  It has started staying distorted for longer periods of time before it returns to normal..
My question is pretty much if my monitor is dieing or could there be something else that could be causing this.  I have had the monitor for several years.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer Monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:13 AM »
To be honest, I think you're going to be in the market for a new monitor soon.

This is a problem with the monitor itself and it's difficult to find someone who can fix it. Most computer techs won't even poke around inside the monitor (electrical hazard).

There are companies that specialize in fixing displays like this, but they don't usually accept individual items from the consumer. It usually has to be taken to a local tech shop first, then they take a batch of them in.

HavingProblems

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Honestly I figured this was the case.  Well, maybe I can be lucky enough for it to work for a while longer being as I am unable to replace it at this time.  Thanks for the help.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:15:51 AM »
Well, whenever you're ready, you can get a new 17" LCD monitor starting at about $150. New CRT monitors (like the one you've got) start at about $100 for 15" or about $130 for 17".