Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card trouble  (Read 2377 times)

MJK

Video card trouble
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
Hello all, I just bought a video card, an XFX 6200 GeForce, it's for an older system. The problem I have is that I have been playing Rome: Total War and it seems laggy, the mouse movement is kind of sudden rather than smooth. I'm not quite sure what the problem could be, I know that it shouldn't be this way though because my old card was 64MB GeForce4 and I never, ever had a problem with lag. Any ideas/fixes? Thanks for any help in advance.

t_blake07

Apprentice
    Re: Video card trouble
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
    Hmm... I have the exact same card.

I know the Rome games I have seen require more high end GPU's, CPU's, and at least 1GB to 2GB of RAM.

You might hear this alot but, are your drivers for the card updated?

What's your CPU and how much RAM do you have installed.

Also, some games require you to have certain cards in a series, (5***, 6***, 7***, etc.) rather than just any card from a series. But this isn't always true.

MJK

Re: Video card trouble
    « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 10:25:40 PM »
    Thanks for the reply, I found out that the lag was caused by antialiasing being on high. I have 1 GB of RAM, Pentium 4 Processor with 2.5 something GHz. Still though I don't see why the graphics aren't a big step up from my old card. I have all my drivers updated, yes.

Does the strength of the machine have anything to do with the graphics card performance? I have a big enough power supply and system requirements for the card, however, it is an old system.