Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Server and ping problems  (Read 3916 times)

wunderbear

Wireless Server and ping problems
« on: April 05, 2005, 12:23:53 PM »
Hello.

I've recently been trying to host a server for Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2. Unfortunately, i get this error message:

Proxy or Firewall Detected.

GameSpy Arcade has detected that your computer's internal IP address (192.168.2.4) is different than its external IP address (80.0.118.9).  This may be caused by firewalls, a NAT proxies, or other unusual network configurations and may prevent you from hosting a game.  Please see our Firewall Guide for further information.  You can access it by choosing "Help with GameSpy Arcade" from the Help menu.

Could anybody tell me what this means, and how  could remedy it? I'm using a Wireless network.

I also have problems with my ping, during games. It's often in the 100-200s, and i after a while, usually time out and lose connection. My computer is an okay one, capable of running things at an okay FPS (usually 20-30) and i'm getting very annoyed by this. Could someone help?

Doomsday_J

Re: Wireless Server and ping problems
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 10:48:49 AM »
If you are using a router, try connecting your server directly to your cable modem.