Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help in restoring lost music folders pls help if poss  (Read 2850 times)

jpt67

need help in restoring lost music folders pls help if poss
« on: February 29, 2008, 02:14:59 AM »
hiya there

yeah seem to have misplaced my music files...am sure i have not deleted them as that would take some doing. ( have so many) the folders are still there physically but on opening, the tracks come up on the playlist but have a blatant red cross beside them., and or "file does not exist"

found a stack of my music files on a software prog that ive recently installed - WinUtilites. am pretty sure ive used one of this prog's tools and have tempoararily moved them...compressed, archived them or something, as there is a huge list of single tracks, files.  but theres 1,000's of them.

as ive a rather large music library that i dont want to lose, as theres lots of music which i havent burnt coz its not my thing...but i love being able to swap tunes so although i have cd copies of most of the music i listen too. would really like to retieve all the folders that i have ripped

have had to restore system b4 so thats an obvious choice, so if i have to do this is there a quick way of simply restoring the folders...without my having to do each folder on an individual basis, when transfering to "my music" as this would take a mammoth session, but will do it if theres no other way. oh have tried restoring and after 3 attempts with differing dates for this month havent been able to restore. i think coz i havent actually created restore date for some while :( but i will do regulaly form now on.

any help, guidance or remarks concerning this dilema would be gratefully recieved and i promise not to shoot the messenger ... even if its news i dont wanna hear/read

many thanx pple - CHIN CHIN

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: need help in restoring lost music folders pls help if poss
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 05:25:41 PM »
Please only post once...

Make any further replies here:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,52339.msg327716.html#msg327716