Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Writting SQL CODE for Access 2003  (Read 2186 times)

jaymze996

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Writting SQL CODE for Access 2003
    « on: March 08, 2008, 09:43:41 AM »

I am working on writting codes using SQL and I am pretty new at this. I thought I could get some help or pointers on how I should go about writting these. I have tried a few different ways and getting errors. The questions I need help with are

1. Write the SQL code to show the number of employees in each Job Code? I have an Employees table where I have the Employees F_NAME, L_ NAME and Job codes also listed. I can't seem to get this where it would count all employees with each Job Code.

2.Write the SQL code to show the total salary of all employees in each Job Code? – use a column alias. I can seem to only get the Totals for employeees and not with Salary or JobCode. I have checked a few places can came up with nothing. I know I have to use the Count Function in SQL.

3.Write the SQL code to list the employee first name, last name, and salary sorted so the highest salary is at the top of the list?

Any suggestions would be helpful, Like I have said, I am new at using SQL and I over anaylize things to make them more difficutl than they should be.

Thanks!

John  ???