Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Randomly Turns Off  (Read 9271 times)

Pipo-X

Re: Computer Randomly Turns Off
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 12:23:53 PM »
ok welll, I just lost contact with my 40 gig maxtor... someone told me these hd were  not good and causing problems...maybe that's the problem...I'll try to unplug it and see... I have such a hard time with computers.....

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 01:22:09 PM »
    Hello, how are  you? First of all try the suggestion of "merlin_2". I hope that will solve your problem otherwise if it doesn't then do the following:
    Uncover your CPU and turn your PC "ON". Check the CPU fan if it is working. If it does not, replace or repair it. If it is working properly then turn your PC "OFF" and take the CPU fan out with CARE. Remove the dust and clean it with pressured air. Next take out the PROCESSOR with high care. Be sure to open the lock or clip presend very close to the PROCESSOR slot. To open the lock, press the clip down, then little outward(opposite to the PROCESSOR) and then upward. After taking it out clean the dust from the PROCESSOR slot with presured air. After cleaning it. put the PROCESSOR again into its slot same as it was and then lock the clip in the same manner. Be sure to note the position of PROCESSOR before taking it out, if you are new to this operation. Then place the CPU fan and connect its power wire. Turn your PC "ON" and enjoy....
    I hope that it will solve your problem. Take care of you and others and be happy. Also try to make your room temperature normal for your PC.

De.wahab
    Bye... :)
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 01:38:32 PM by de.wahab1 »
    do take care of you and others

Pipo-X

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »
    Well, my CPU seems fine but when I unplugged my HD, one of my fans was resurected!!! PLus, when I rebooted, I had a disk check made by windows because there was a integrity problem with the HD... I went in windows, backuped my data on my other HD and unplugged the drive... but I still think that I need more power