Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems playing video's/computer slow  (Read 2620 times)

Picky

Topic Starter

Problems playing video's/computer slow
    « on: April 02, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
    Hello,

My original problem occured when putting my music collection onto my (30G) desktop... I basically ran out of memory! 

This made the computer run very slowly, so I bought an External Hardrive (500G) to solve the issue.  I moved all the audio files onto the external hardrive and they are now fine, though when I connected to the Internet the computer was still very slow and it wasnt long till I had the trusty "Virtual Memory Low" message.  General uploading was slow and when playing any video clips, they play only fragments (i.e it "jumps" and "freezes" through the footage...) 

Turns out I only had 128MB of RAM, so I bought 512MB RAM to solve the issue.  Computer runs well now but video's still jump through the footage and freezes alot... 

Is this an issue with the video card?  Is the only way to ensure footage runs smoothly to buy a new video card?  I know the computer was pretty basic when I got it 6 years ago and its a "Tiny" Desktop

Under "Systems" it currently says I have;
    Intel Celeron Processor
    1.00GHz, 504MB of RAM

Can anyone offer any help/advise?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problems playing video's/computer slow
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »
    Computer brand, and model, please, so we can see what video card/chip, you have there.