Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Printing  (Read 3540 times)

Mfoxx5528

Topic Starter

Beginner

• The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves
    Internet Printing
    « on: April 04, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
    Hello All,

I have a user that when she prints from Internet Explorer 6, the web address does not print at the bottom of the page.  It only prints a few letters for the address.  The web address shows up in it's entirety in the print preview but once you try to print it all she gets is a couple letters throughout the address.  Any ideas?
    Drive Monkey Drive!!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Internet Printing
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »
    I'm using IE 7 but it probably works the same in this respect.  So, the address should print at the bottom of the page, on the left side, right?  Does it always start with the printing of http and later drop off?  The the printing seem to fade out, or just stop? 

Mfoxx5528

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
      The only thing that prints is:  h              ee      f    e      c  e                     c 

Weird huh?  The font is good, it just seems to print whichever letters it wants too.....
      Drive Monkey Drive!!

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »
      Yes, that's weird.  Is she using Win XP?  Is upgrading IE to version 7 a possibility?  No guarantee it'll solve the problem, just a suggestion.  Might also try Firefox, which prints the web address at the top of the page.

Mfoxx5528

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »
        She is on Win XP, brand new machine with all updates current.  I am going to see about upgrading her to IE7, I had the same thought about that.   Firefox is a definate possibility if I could coax her to change over!!  hehe  Thanks for the ideas   ;D
        Drive Monkey Drive!!